Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Baby Kicks...or Lack Thereof

I'm at the point where many women start to feel the first "bubbles" of the baby in the womb. Honestly, I'm not paranoid yet about not having felt them, but I was hoping that I would start to feel it by now. I'm 19 1/2 weeks now, and I know that some people don't feel their first kicks until week 22, but I long for that little "flutter" of excitement! I concentrate on my belly from time to time, trying to figure out if that is the baby or not. I notice something that seems very distinct, similar to what I would expect the baby's kicks to feel like...but then I pay attention a little longer and realize it's just too fast and rhythmic to be the baby. It's actually my pulse surging through my whole torso that I'm feeling. =(

Oh well, I'm keeping positive. So far everything is going alright, and I still feel healthy. 1 week from today is the BIG DAY...when I find out the gender!! If you haven't had a chance to place your vote on my poll, you only have a few days left. If only there was a way to track who voted for which...then I'd be able to give a prize for those who guessed correctly! Hmmm...I'll have to think about that!!

2 comments:

ginger said...

I didn't feel it until 22 weeks the first time either. Funny thing, when I finally did, I realized I had been feeling it for a while but just hadn't noticed that is what it was.

Cami said...

When I was about 20 weeks I was laying in bed and felt something and thought, "that felt just like a bubble popping" and realized that it must be the baby kicking. It's so amazing when you do feel the baby, and it's really weird when he/she gets big enough to SEE it moving from the outside! I hope you feel it soon.