Saturday, March 12, 2011

Favorite Past-times

Canon is now 16 months old, and no matter how much of a handful he gets, he is still my adorable little man.  I took him back to the doctor for a follow-up on his head growth.  All's fine and dandy in that department.  His weight is up to 21 lbs. 11 oz., so he's still a lightweight, but not too much to worry about.  As far as his language is concerned, there hasn't been too much improvement in word-usage.  However, I have reason to be hopeful. 

Canon has started to imitate animal sounds.  So far he can tell you the sounds made by the lion (tigers make the same one), the elephant, the snake (a close approximation to the sound I do), rabbit (tries to do what I do, but not very good at it, but he knows what it is), currently working on perfecting the parrot, cat, monkey, and cow.  I feel he will soon get to the dog and sheep too.   His all-time favorite is the elephant.  In fact, every time he sees an elephant in his books he buzzes his lips doing his imitation of the sound.  I can even ask at random what the animal says and he'll answer... so this is progress.  Just recently he learned where his belly button is too.  I thought that most kids start pointing to body parts earlier than this, but he just never seemed too interested.  I try to name all the body parts in the bath so that he knows what they are, but I never really tried to teach them outside of that, so I guess it's my fault.  So, we'll be working on body parts too.

I thought I ought to show what Canon has been up to lately so you can all see how busy this little guy really is.  Some of his favorite activities include:

Running after his bath to Daddy before Mommy can get a diaper on him.  Is it becoming a ritual that he runs around naked for a few minutes after bath-time?
Hamming it up for Mommy's camera (holding still long enough to get a great shot is a different story!)
climbing...
...as high as he can get

I love how he waves good-bye to himself that the end of this video.

Playing with this spray bottle...EVERY CHANCE HE GETS.
Like here
and here

Playing with Mommy is definitely still among his favorite things to do.

I can't get enough of this handsome little man.

No comments: