Monday, July 12, 2010

Love This Little Guy

Have you ever had the feeling that you have the best thing in the world, but you're just too selfish to realize it? Well, there was a day or two last week when I felt like I just wanted Canon to sleep a little longer, or to play by himself a little more, or just wait a little bit so that I could finish what I was working on. Honestly, I remember telling Mark when he came home that Canon was a pill that day because he was just so clingy and wouldn't just play by himself.

Looking back, I realize that Canon had been playing by himself soooo much lately that on that day he just wanted some real attention. I haven't been a neglectful parent or anything, but I've been neglecting his need for mommy-time. This past week I've been hunting for an apartment online, and that takes a lot of time, and I even drove over an hour each way with Canon to Chicopee, MA to look at some places. Canon was the best behaved little guy I could ever expect. He slept on the drives there and back. Granted it took a little whining before actually falling asleep, but nothing a little lullaby couldn't handle. Even when he doesn't get in perfectly long naps, Canon is such a well-behaved baby into the late evening... although, I try really hard to not have him up late, but it happens sometimes.

I just had to say that I really am the luckiest mom ever. Canon is really the most perfect baby boy I could ask for. He is so curious about new things that he can keep himself busy for long periods of time. Sometimes I can just watch him and see that he's discovering something new. However, I can tell how much he loves to play with me. He gets so giddy and excited for attention from me... and especially Daddy. He seems to be such a sociable boy, although he's a little more shy of strangers than he used to be. Canon gets compliments on his smile and cute face everywhere we go. He is nearly always of a very happy demeanor. The only times he cries are when he's frustrated... like if he's stuck between objects that he's crawling through, or because I'm trying to sing him to sleep and he'd rather be up playing with me, or because I've taken away something that he really wanted to play with (usually because it's something dangerous), etc. Really, he's not much of a whiner, and he's just so easy-going. He's just a wonderful little guy!!

Hey, Mom! I'm going to show you something new. Watch!

What? Don't believe me?

Wait a minute, this isn't right...

Was it this way?

What do you mean "mess"?

So close... but not quite!

Finally, this is how it goes!!

Tada!

1 comment:

LittleBrownFamily said...

yep, I know the feeling, and have been experiencing that a lot lately. Eva's family is temporarily living with, and I watch her children while she cleans and organizes and gets ready for a move. So Samuel doesn't get as much of my attention as he used to. He's taking it SO well, but I can tell he misses Mommy Time.