Needless to say, we got pretty excited about it. We made him practice again and again through the night. Most of the time he was able to do it. He's even taken to trying to leave our side, do a little loop and come right back again. This past week I could see that Canon was lacking the confidence that he needed to be able to walk, and tonight I think he found it. In watching him, I could tell he was experimenting, trying to figure out new things. Namely, he's been trying to stand up by himself in the middle of the room. So far he's only figured out how to make a bridge with his body and place the top of his head on the floor. He looks like he's getting ready to do a somersault, even though he's never seen one done before. He finds the upside-down view of the world pretty hilarious though.
I think this walking thing was a huge confidence booster. He was in the BEST mood tonight. It was like just looking at him tickled him right to the bone. He was so giddy and silly... and after his bath he went straight to sleep. Oh, I hope tonight is a night I will never forget. Canon seemed so pleased with himself, and Mark and I were pretty pleased too.
Enjoy comparing the videos from last night and tonight!!
If you're having troubles watching this video, click here.
If you're having troubles watching this video, click here.
Way to go, Canon!!
No comments:
Post a Comment