Having been stored in an attic for quite some time, they were dusty and needed a cleaning, but I figured that was worth it for the price I got.
In case you didn't notice, I got a playpen, carseat w/ base, stroller, and swing that ALL MATCH, and they're in pretty good shape too. The play pen comes equipped with a higher-level for smaller babies, a changing pad, a mobile, a little diaper holder on the side, and the bag that holds them all together.
The car seat comes with a base for the car, but it also snaps right into the stroller. The stroller has a one-hand folding mechanism too. Other than a bent-out-of-shape shade for the carseat, this was something that I was very excited about. The stroller allows the baby to recline back too.
The swing comes with a mobile that matches the one on the playpen, has 6 speeds, 15 songs, and it took us a while to figure out how to put back together...but we got it down now! :)
The car seat comes with a base for the car, but it also snaps right into the stroller. The stroller has a one-hand folding mechanism too. Other than a bent-out-of-shape shade for the carseat, this was something that I was very excited about. The stroller allows the baby to recline back too.
The swing comes with a mobile that matches the one on the playpen, has 6 speeds, 15 songs, and it took us a while to figure out how to put back together...but we got it down now! :)
We also got a Baby Bjorn carrier and a hiking back-pack carrier. We figured that since we have back-packing gear, we're probably going to want to go camping with the baby at some point, so this will come in handy. I didn't go there with the intent to pick this one up, but it was available for a good price.

We also got an Eddie Bauer infant seat that will be really good for indoors and outdoors. It has a mesh cover that you can zip up to avoid bugs and it has a battery powered vibrator that makes soothing nature sounds.
We also got a Bumbo chair, which are really good for infants once they can start to hold up their own heads because it supports them up to their shoulders and they can get the sensation of sitting up. We also got a little eating chair booster seat thing. The tray is dishwasher safe.
Also, they were selling a breast pump with all the accessories (except they only had one bottle left, but those I can buy easily enough) in the travel kit and everything.

I also got my first diaper bag. Now, I may decide that I want a different one, but this one may end up being just perfect. Who knows?
I also got my first diaper bag. Now, I may decide that I want a different one, but this one may end up being just perfect. Who knows?
The couple we bought it from said that the wife had spent lots of time researching and only wanted the best stuff. They did spend a lot on the items when they bought them new. By the looks of it, these were all pretty well used, but they took good care of them... for the most part. We intended to clean everything we got because you can never be too careful, so I was happy to see that so many of them came with covers that can be removed and placed in the laundry.
What do you think I spent on all of this stuff? What would you have spent to get all this in one place? Would you be impressed if I said it was all less than $250?
5 comments:
I had no preparation for my child's arrival! I had NOTHING! The day I was discharged from the hospital, we hit up BabysRUs and Target and went on a two hour shopping spree. We were pressed for time because the baby was ready to be discharged, and we needed stuff NOW! I was popping Tylenol left and right shuffling as fast as possible trying to find diapers and a bassinet!
Yay for Craigslist! I am so glad you got a great deal! You are so ready for mommyhood!
By the time Baby Dahl is born, I will be finished using all of my baby items! I wish I lived closer to you!
P.S. I don't think your poll is working. I know you're having a girl!
Yay for baby stuff. hehe. It is so addicting! $250.00 thats and awesome deal! Thank goodness for hand-me-downs! They make the world go round!! (= I am super excited for you guys. You'll love parenthood. It is freaking the best!
$250 is definately worth it! The Medela pump and the playpen together are worth that, let alone everything else! What a steal! I'm glad for you.
That is one awesome deal you got! I too have/had a SkipHop diaper bag (though mine's different), a Bumbo chair, and a Baby Bjorn--fantastic stuff!! That breast pump is probably the best thing in the lot. Most bottles fit it, so you don't have to buy Medela ones. (I pumped into Dr. Brown's bottles, which are GREAT.) Way to be.
That is an awesome deal on everything! I am excited for you guys.
Post a Comment